Computer Donation Program
We have recycled computers to give to families in need. These computers that have been donated to us by businesses and families for the purpose of this program. These computers are recycled and made available to you upon request. We have both PC and a minimum of Macintosh platforms. Families are asked to donate $20.00 when picking up their computer at our Shrewsbury location. This program could not be possible without the help of our many volunteers. These computers are checked by our volunteer technicians to make sure they are in excellent working condition and cleaned of all viruses. Have a computer that you'd like to donate to our program to help a family in need??
Minimum Computer Donation Requirements:
Must have Operating system of Windows 7 or higher with at least 2 megs of ram. Speakers, modems, keyboards and mouses are gladly accepted; however, monitors are accepted only with a unit. We will accept a unit without a monitor.
- Please call at 732-747-5310, ext. 124 to schedule your drop off.
- You will be given an appointment to bring your well-working computer donation to our Shrewsbury location at 35 Haddon Avenue, Shrewsbury, NJ 07702.
- Sorry, we cannot accept unscheduled drop-offs!
How to request a computer:
- Call Arlene at 732-747-5310, ext. 116.
- Leave your name and address (please speak clearly and slowly). An application will be mailed to you.....OR.....if you have access to a computer, you can Click here to download the Application Form.
- Once we receive your application, you will be notified when a computer becomes available. Please understand this is a volunteer program, and you may have a 2 to 3 month waiting period. You will be notified either by phone or by mail when you can come pick up your computer.
- All recipients must be able to transfer the computer to their vehicle. A hand truck will be available to you for moving the computer from our first floor office.
- Recipients are asked to please consider donating $20.00 upon pick up. This is to help support the costs involved with the purchase of computer parts such as speakers, mice, memory, etc.
After You Receive Your Computer: When you receive your computer it will come with Libre Office, which is a free version of the Microsoft Office program. Your computer will be able to connect to the internet via a high speed connection like Cable or Verizon. All computers come with a virus protection program. It will either be AVG or Microsoft Security Essentials. It is VITAL you have this software scan your computer on a routine basis so you do not get a computer virus which will eventually make your computer stop working. If you need to learn more about the virus protection, you can open the file and click on help or go to the website and watch the tutorials. For AVG go to: http://www.avg.com/us-en/tutorials, or Click here For Microsoft Security Essentials go to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48n9kT3EC48, or Click here If you have any additional questions, please call the Program Director at 732-747-5310, ext. 114.