The TECHConnection brings the promise of current technology to all members of the community, making computing easier, more convenient, and more comfortable for everyone. Improve life skills, independence and experiences for reading, working, learning, shopping and socializing!
TECHConnection is a program of Family Resource Assoc., Inc. committed to expanding resources to all people with unique challenges as a result of illness, accident, aging or disabilities. Using technology will connect you with education, employment, enjoyment, and community participation.
Individual evaluations can determine appropriate computer access, assistive devices and/or software selection to meet anyone's unique challenges. Find what is right for you.
SERVICES FOR THE COMMUNITY - OPEN to the PUBLIC
THE RESOURCE FOR EVERYONE; tots to seniors who want to explore ways to increase, maintain or improve your capabilities
THE EASIEST SOLUTION to YOUR greater independence after an illness, injury or accident with developmental or acquired disAbilities
- FREE COMPUTER & ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY DEMONSTRATION CENTER. Explore your options for using a computer!
- INDIVIDUAL COMPUTER CLASSES: Get connected with technology. We offer a wide range of hands-on computer training that focuses on general computer skills, keyboarding, internet, email, social media, digital media, music media, financial planning and much, much more.
- ADULT EDUCATION CLASSES: Gain life skills to become more independent in the home, community and in the workplace. Grow social skills to expand opportunities for volunteering, community service or gainful employment which promotes community inclusion. All instructors are degreed, or skilled professions in their field.
- ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY EVALUATIONS: Individual student evaluations to determine appropriate computer access, assistive devices and/or software selection for reading and writing challenges.
- FAST FORWORD: A computer-based program for individuals who struggle with comprehension, language, reading, listening skills and attention.
- DEVICE LENDING LIBRARY: Provides opportunity to learn, examine and take home educational software, adapted devices, switches and communication aids.
- COMPUTER DONATION PROGRAM: Our recycled computers can access the internet using Windows 10 operating system.