Family Resource Associates (FRA) is a New Jersey non-profit agency helping people of all ages with disAbilities to reach their fullest potential.
FRA connects individuals to independence through modern therapies, employAbility and advanced technologies.
FRA assists individuals of all ages who have developmental delays or disAbilities as well as acquired disAbilities. FRA provides home-based early intervention for infants, therapeutic recreation programs, pre-vocational and educational classes for adults, along with family and sibling support groups.
TECHConnection, a signature program of FRA, leverages technology to help increase, maintain or improve the capabilities of individuals with disAbilities as a result of accident, injury, illness or aging as well as related issues affecting hearing, vision, reading or mobility.
- The EMPOWERMENT of people with disAbilities to reach their greatest level of personal achievement and independence is key to FRA's work.
- The INVOLVEMENT support and education of the entire family are core to all of FRA's activities.
- RESPONSIVENESS to the needs of individuals with disAbilities and their families generates FRA's priorities to develop innovative services.
- MUTUAL RESPECT between our inter-disciplinary staff and those we serve is a critical component of FRA's services and success.
- COMMITMENT to the development of partnerships to create innovative services for persons with disAbilities and their families is ongoing at FRA.
Family Resource Associates encompasses expertise, innovation and concern in every aspect of service. Shaped by parental and community involvement, responsiveness to those we serve and a caring professional staff, we serve as a vital, positive influence on the child, adult, their family and our community. Our evolving and creative services consider the individual's total strengths, situation and needs. Fostering competency is the key to success. This is stressed in parent training and education. All interactions emphasize capability and positive self-esteem, which contributes to each individual's achievement.
Significant support, counseling and resource services are available for all family members to strengthen their total well-being. Resourceful, flexible, and experienced staff members encourage independence of the individual and the family. Implementation of diverse and responsive programs is furthered by specialized technology and information.
Coordination with outside resources is also an important aspect of the agency. Addressing the individual's complex needs via our trans-disciplinary team model, all staff members bring a variety of skills to their interactions with the child and family. Parents are actively involved and respected as an essential part of this team, thereby empowering them. Staff members in each specific discipline are relied upon for their expertise.