FRA offers welcoming and flexible work opportunities for those looking to make a difference in the lives of others who have developmental disAbilities. Services are always of the highest quality, and we seek employees who are experienced and caring who enjoy creating opportunities that help people live a full life. Candidates who thrive in a mission based environment and are passionate about this kind of work should apply immediately. Pay is commensurate with other non-profits, and includes PTO, holidays, sick, mileage reimbursement, FSA and 403B available. No health benefits. Many positions have flexible days and hours.
PROGRAM DIRECTOR of TECHConnection
Seeking dynamic, experienced self-starter to advance one of NJ’s leading tech centers to bring vital assistive technology services and programs to the community. Guided by a 5 year strategic plan, the Program Director duties are consistent with these goals and the mission of FRA to manage the tech center, tech equipment and to grow programs that strengthen the individual. This includes public speaking and presentations, management of staff and programs, working with the FRA administrative team and significant interactions with individuals to help them gain tools toward greater independence through technology. This position may start as part time leading to full time.
BA/BS in related field required. Three years experience using assistive technology, apps and working with people who have diverse disabilities and their families. Strong management abilities, interpersonal skills with excellent written and verbal communication skills a must. Someone who is organized, energetic, resourceful, and a team player is being sought. Assistive Technology Professional or RESNA certification a plus, but not required. Must have strong knowledge of computer technology, software, apps, devices and assistive technology tools to support the growth of people of all ages toward greater independence, in all settings.
- Conduct AT demonstrations, webinars, and trainings, throughout Monmouth, Ocean and Middlesex counties
- Conduct AT evaluations for children through adults to access computer technology; includes schools, other agencies and in-home evaluations
- Collaborate with FRA management team to ensure the implementation of the strategic plan guides programs, services and outreach as well as meets the mission of FRA
- Desire to grow new programs and services for the community using AT - computer technology
- Oversees or implements programs and services for AT in all capacities
- Manages the TECHConnection space, materials, hardware, policies, programs, staff and PR.
- Support, develop or assist with fundraising, grants and budgetary overview.
- Assure compliance with policies, regulations and best practices for quality services
- Provide reports and information to the Ex. Director and the Board of Trustees
- Showcase FRA and its services regarding assistive technology at conferences, workshops and in community settings.
Send resume or contact Nancy Phalanukorn, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org - 732-747-5310, ext. 112
Back to Career Opportunities