Technology Demonstration Center
New Jersey's largest Computer Demonstration Center is open to the public and promotes easy use of the computer. FRA's TECHConnection is the only place where children, from infants to teens, as well as adults with special needs, can visit to sample and try out software, adapted toys and devices. Recognized nationally as an Alliance for Technology Access (ATA) center (one of 46), TECHConnection interacts with internationally known technology developers and vendors, assistive technology professionals and shares with this nationwide network of technology resource centers to bring promising new technology to our community.
As a Community Technology Center, the Computer Demonstration Center at TECHConnection plays a vital role in assisting people with special needs gain access to critical technology. Services are open to the community including infants, children, families and people of any age with developmental or acquired disAbilities or other limitations due to accident, illness or aging.
Enjoy a visit to use the TECHConnection Computer Demonstration to explore:
- 21 computer stations and adapted tables for you to explore hundreds of special devices, switches, keyboards and mouse alternatives
- Many unique software products and apps for learning, language, employment and fun.
- Keyboard and Mouse Alternatives
- Early Learning and Academic Stations
- Writing and Literacy Stations
- Assistive Technology for Special Situations
- Microsoft Accessibility Resource Center
- Lending Library filled with educational software, assistive devices, alternative communication basics and adapted toys.
- Endless easy solutions to make the computer simple to use.
Open Access Time is available every week. Specialists trained in "assistive technology" can help you find tools to meet your needs. This is a free community service.
To schedule your opportunity to visit our demonstration center, please contact Joanne Castellano at 732-747-5310, ext. 114 or firstname.lastname@example.org.